We develop distance learning courses in construction, in partnership with a number of organisations. Our courses include:
- SAP 2012 training for On Construction Energy Assessors. This comprehensive course prepares candidates for the ABBE Cert OCEA qualification.
- U-values. The course explains how to calculate U-values by hand or with calculation software. Ideal for anyone wanting to get a good understanding of these important calculations.
- Energy efficiency and work to existing dwellings (in preparation). A course which examines the complicated rules around energy efficiency when building work is going to be carried out on existing dwellings. It explains the various categories of building work and sets out the requirements in each case.
The courses, which are delivered on the moodle distance learning platform, consist of a number of modules which include:
- a section from the training manual
- short video presentations
- links to additional resources
- self-assessment tests to allow delegates to check their understanding as they go on.
If you wish to take one of our distance learning courses please contact us for a more detailed course description and pricing.
Distance learning training as many benefits:
- courses are less expensive than face-to-face training;
- there are no travel costs;
- delegates do not have to spend days out of the office;
- delegates are not tied to specific training dates;
- delegates are in charge of the pace of the training and can re-visit sections to reinforce their learning;
- delegates can contact a trainer with queries on the material.
Prior to 2010 we delivered training for On-Construction Energy Assessors for BRE and other accreditation schemes: the training took three days and required at least three overnight stays for most delegates; it was often difficult to gather enough delegates at one time to run the course. In 2010 we converted the training into a distance learning course of twenty modules: the on-line course has been very successful, with far more people completing it on-line than completed it face to face.